Take your first step into social care
Welcome! We're really pleased you're here.
#noexperiencenecessary because this is your opportunity to step into social care and see what it's like to work in this incredibly fulfilling sector. But don't think of this just as work experience - these are real paid jobs that come with all of the training and support you'll need.
Jobs that can fit around your studies or other life commitments. You'll gain some unique and rewarding experiences that will enhance your CV - whether this is the start of your career in care or if it's your launch pad for something different. We think you'll bring new ideas, knowledge and ways of doing things that'll improve the lives of our customers and residents. So everyone wins.
Care companies are fast joining this initiative and opening up new opportunities for people like you.
They're signing up to our charter which guarantees the jobs they offer via this scheme are:
- As flexible as possible to fit around your commitments
- Open to you (even if you don't have experience)
- Enhanced with training
- Supported by a buddy for the first three months of employment
- You will be given feedback during the recruitment process
Your qualifications are not important but your qualities are. If you have these qualities / skills, you'll thrive in the care sector:
- Good communication
- Compassion and Empathy
- Teamworking skills
- Inclusivity and Respect
- Adaptability and Resilience
- Procedural Compliance
Hear from Industry Leaders
Professor Martin Green OBE
Professor Vic Rayner OBE
CEO National Care Forum
We'd welcome more care providers to join this scheme
Step into Social Care is an initiative that has been conceived and driven by Cohesion & Dawson Walker Communications. Together we are experts in recruitment and employer branding. Through our work with care providers we identified an opportunity to use our expertise to develop a scheme to open up care jobs to a wider audience.
We believe this will be positive for the care sector, and the new people who will be attracted into the sector, but most importantly your customers and residents. If you think this sounds like a good idea, then please join us. It won't cost you a bean - but it might attract new, brilliant people into your organisation and the care sector.
All you need to do is commit to:
- Flexible roles to fit around student and life commitments
- #noexperiencenecessary - roles that are open to people without experience
- Experiential and developmental training and support
- A buddy for the first three months of employment; and
- Feedback throughout the recruitment process